Heated pet beds are a great way to take care of your fury companion and show them just how much you love them. They are especially beneficial for older dogs as they provide gentle heat and comfort to ward off cool weather chills. Some beds generate their own heat and others take the warmth of your pet and convert it to the gentle warmth they crave. Heated dog pads and beds are ideal for small pets, older pets, and breeds that are more susceptible to colder temperatures. Heated dog beds also help ensure your pooch stays comfortably warm without worries of overheating or running up the utility bill during the winter months. These thermal dog bed keeps your pet warm thanks to a unique design and materials for the perfect heated dog bed. Some use batteries or wires and others simply store and release your dog’s normal body heat, the type you choose depends on your pet’s needs and your situation.
Why Choose a Heated Dog Bed?
Along with other essentials like a collar, leash, and food and water bowls, a good dog bed is at the top of the list for must-have pet supplies. Dog beds are very important and should never be considered an option item for your dog. Some of the benefits a dog bed offers your dog include:
- Insulates them during the cooler months and providing core heat that is in contact with their body at all times, providing constant reliable warmth.
- They provide your dog with a private space that is all theirs and helps create that needed sense of security and safety.
- Cushions and soothes aches and pains, especially in older dogs that may be suffering from bone and muscle deterioration due to age.
- Helps keep shedding hair concentrated in one place which helps keep the home cleaner and makes clean up easier too.
- Protects smaller breeds and dog breeds that do not have much hair and helps them maintain and regulate their temperature easily and safely.
- Helps you take care of your pet and makes it easier to prevent injuries by keeping your dog on the floor where they can curl up so they are not trying to jump up and down on the furniture.
- Heated dog beds help keep outdoor dogs warm and safe and adds addition comfort to their dog house where they can curl up and stay warm.
Reviews of Heated Dog Beds
Now that you know what a heated dog bed can do for your canine companion, here are some of the popular heated dog bed brands that might be a good match for you and your pooch:
- Removable cushion for easy washing
- Heater can be removed for quick cleaning
- Thermostatically controlled to match pet’s normal body temperature
- Maintains normal body heat so there’s no risk for overheating
- Great medium and small dog breeds
- Recommended for indoor, household use only
- Low wattage, energy efficient heating system
- Comfortable design that pets love curling up in
- Safely and effectively warm small dogs on chilly nights
- 7 levels to adjust the temperature
- great for small breeds and older pets that are sensitive to temperature flux
- Durable and PVC fireproof material used for safety
- Comfortable construction with soft and removable cover
- Designed for easy cleaning by hand or by machine
- Generates warm low heat and uses low and safe voltage
- Can be used with many types and styles of dog beds
- Turn your dogs favorite bed into a heated comfort bed during the winter months
- Pressure Activated – idea for active pets who are up and down a lot
- Automatically switches on and begins to heat up when your dog lies down
- Automatically switches off when your dog gets up again
- Maintains the recommended 102 F temperature for soothing heat
- Soft cushion design is great for all breeds and ages
- Includes washable fleece cover
- Removable for each cleaning
- Chew resistant cord and AC adapter
- Can be used on its own or with any existing dog bed
- Electric heated pet beds gives your dog a relaxing and comfortable place to sleep
- Works for all small and medium sized breed dogs
- Great for older pets with arthritis or smaller breeds with low temperature control
- Durable yet soft fabric if cozy yet holds up to wear and tear
- Removable heater and pad lets you clean bed easily
- Plush design encourages your pooch to curl up and sleep
If you live in an area that see fluctuation of temperatures during the winter months, or you have a dog that is advanced in years and struggling with a arthritis or other health conditions, or if your dog is one of the breeds that has difficulty regulating body temperature then a pet bed is a must! A heated orthopedic dog bed is your best option for safety and comfort and it is a great way to show your pooch how much you really do love them!